Just as each injury and pain is different, so are the treatment options we offer. We evaluate your individual needs in order to develop a personalized treatment plan to help gain mobility, strength, coordination and confidence in order to restore normal range of motion and biomechanical function.
Our goal is to get you back to Your Personal Best.
Your Personal Treatment
Each person will receive his or her own treatment plan, which may include a combination of, but not limited to, the following therapeutic activities listed below.
Individualized Exercise Program
Special time and attention is taken to customize a program just for you. The therapist will develop a therapy program. Whether walking down a set of stairs or playing sports at your full capacity, we will take care of you.
Modalities and taping
Ultrasound and electrical stimulation are included, as needed, to assist you in your ability to complete your program. We also use Kineseo-Tex Taping and ACE techniques to provide stabilization to a joint, inhibit an overactive muscle, increase firing of an underactive muscle and to reduce edema.
Myofascial Release and Joint Mobilization
Hands-on soft tissue therapy relieves tension of muscles and fascia of the body, improving fascial mobility. Joint mobilization improves the mobility of the joint to move more fluidly within its own space to improve motion and reduce pain. This release aids in the restoration of movement to a joint and its surrounding tissue by stimulating the movement receptors of the body in order reduce the pain receptors from firing.
Posture Evaluation and Alignment
Posture is everything. It is an outward expression of your nervous system. Our therapists evaluate your posture each time you come in to check how your program and your habits outside of the clinic are contributing to your progression.
Specific and progressive exercises are meant to improve the mobility, then stability of the muscles and joints. Just as you progress in your function, so should your program. Upon discharge, you are given a progressive home program with which you can continue to make further gains and/or maintain what you’ve achieved.
WE PROUDLY ANNOUNCE THAT TIMOTHY KOMAZEC, PT, IS NOW CERTIFIED IN COMPLETING BIG THERAPY WITH PATIENTS WHO HAVE PARKINSON’S DISEASE AND PARKINSON-LIKE SYMPTOMS.
- Targets patient problems with hyperkinesia (inability to stop a motion) or bradykinesia (slow movements).
- Patients are treated in hour-long sessions for four consecutive days a week over four weeks.
- BIG protocol is designed to improve gait pattern, balance, transfer abilities, flexibility and neurophysiological problems such as slow thinking, slow learning, attention, shifting cognitive sets, internal cueing and procedural memory.
- We use principles of neuroplasticity in re-training normal use, intensive practice, repetition, complexity/challenging and feedback/motivation. Homework must be completed 30 executive days.
- Upon completion, the program can be continued lifelong by patients (with the assistance of family members as needed) to improve safety, quality of life and independence in all daily activities.
- The program works best in those people who are in the early stages of Parkinson Disease, though it can also be quite beneficial to those in the latter stages.
Women’s health Physical Therapy:
- Stress, urge and mixed incontinence.
- Pelvic organ prolapse.
- Post-op management of pelvic organ surgeries.
- PT treatment for pregnant and post-partum patients with low back, pelvic girdle, hip pain and pelvic floor weakness.
- Diastasis rectus abdominis intervention.
- Stabilization exercises in pregnancy and post-partum.
- Cesarean section rehabilitation techniques.
- Adolescent pelvic pain.
This program is a series of repeated stretching activities to specific muscles along one nerve pathway, or a group of pathways, to clear any impingement in the peripheral nervous system. The therapist treating you will determine the cause of your muscle and postural imbalances, find the nerve pathway(s) most involved in your postural dysfunction and assist you in completing the program to abolish the abnormal muscle memory patterns. This will improve your joint positioning, range of motion and muscle length-tension properties for strength, balance and endurance.
Posture is an outward expression of your nervous system. As a result, this can assist with your migraines, headaches, neck and back pains, SI pain, rotator cuff and bicep tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis and golfers elbow, plantar fasciitis, arthritic pains and fibromyalgia to name a few.
SFMA – Selective Functional Movement Assessment
The SFMA is a comprehensive assessment used to classify movement patterns and direct manual therapy and therapeutic exercise interventions. It helps the treating therapist determine YOUR specific movement pattern baseline into the examination. Each person has their own movement, pain and mechanical profiles, so each evaluation will present different values with each client. This is what makes this assessment tool so valuable. The client directly feels and sees what their limitations are understanding why their therapist is giving the specific exercises assigned. It is a global assessment, so no stone left unturned. If you have knee pain, we evaluate your movement patterns from your feet to your thoracic spine. IT IS ALL CONNECTED! There are numerous studies that have linked dysfunction at one area of the body with pain and dysfunction in another area of the body.